Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cinnamon Nutmeg Toothpaste

I despise store bought toothpaste. I had been using a mix of baking soda and coconut oil when I brush mine, but I get pregnancy gingivitis (yes, we're expecting our second now!) and that's not a risk I want to take, using a recipe that isn't exactly toothpaste and certainly isn't a breath freshener. I also wanted to find something that had actual reasons for each ingredient. I know baking soda is great for whitening, and coconut is antibacterial but not anything beyond that. So here is a fantastic recipe I'm going to make soon, once I order the base (either calcium carbonite or clay). It uses essential oils, baking soda, coconut oil and a few other ingredients. The site includes an explanation for why to use each ingredient. She even includes many flavor combinations she's also tried out, and how the taste experiments turned out. See the recipe's here at Nourishing Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment